Many athletes are interested in why they get sick after training. Such discomfort is not always the result of exertion or health problems. Sometimes the reason lies in the wrong organization of nutrition or poorly chosen training period. The seizure can also be due to inadequate recovery, the athlete’s characteristics, and the gym conditions.
Do not skip the option that after strength training, you feel unwell due to health problems. In this case, the symptom cannot be ignored. That’s why it’s so important to understand the reasons, understand why you have a headache and nausea after a gel. This is what we are going to do with you today!
Why post-workout nausea is the main reason
So why can nausea occur after a workout in the gym? We listed all the possibilities:
. The athlete ate fatty, indigestible food before training. Maybe the meal took place long before the load, but it was so heavy that the digestive process did not have time to finish. In this case, you should not ask and wonder why he is ill. The reason is apparent.
. Excessive training led to dehydration, disturbance of water and salt balance. It also happens if the day before the athlete “dabbled” in alcohol or is on a diet with a high-quality diet (especially in hot weather). Well, sodium imbalance occurs with high stress and low drinking; for example, many people get sick after a very fast gel. The athlete sweats a lot but does not add fluids. Sometimes, after nausea, seizures may even occur.
. You may experience nausea if you have constipation for more than 3-4 days. Toxins enter the bloodstream, and due to the load, the speed of the process increases significantly. That’s why he’s sick.
. Inadequate blood transfusion to gastrointestinal organs; the situation occurs after lifting heavy weights in tight sports belts. It gets worse if there is food debris in the stomach. It can also be due to the corset that girls wear not to pump the abdomen’s oblique muscles (so as not to lose the waist).
. Why do you think you feel nauseous after exercising on a low-carb diet? The answer lies on the surface – the reason is a drop in blood sugar levels.
. Nausea can occur in athletes with cardiovascular disease. If you are wondering why you are constantly nauseous after running and often dizzy, it is wise to have an ECG and check your blood pressure. If it drops significantly, you feel weakness, dizziness, increased sweating, shortness of breath; there are “flies” in the eyes.
. Many women become ill on certain days of the menstrual cycle, usually during the last trimester. During the period of so-called PMS and nausea, weakness, lack of mood, pelvic pain occurs.
. Very often, the answer to the question “why after a workout you are sick and dizzy” lies behind the conditions in the gym. If the room is too hot, the ventilation is inadequate; it is full of people – it is simply complicated for the body to cope with heavy stress in such an environment. You overheat, sweat but do not have time to cool down. The result is a heat stroke. That’s why he’s sick. By the way, heatstroke can occur if you deliberately burn fat, exercise in a heat suit.
. Suppose you experience nausea regularly immediately after exercise, as well as the next day. In that case, we recommend that you check the amount of iron in your blood. Nausea is a common symptom of anemia in iron deficiency.
. If you experience nausea after exercising in the gym, why not rule out an allergic reaction? The causative agent can be anything – the smell of your neighbor’s perfume on the treadmill, the low quality of your sports heat, household materials used to make a simulator in the gym, and so on. Allergy sufferers should be cautious.
. Occasionally there are symptoms due to a sudden change in the program, in addition to the increased load. This is why athletes in sports are nauseous when they run unexpectedly long distances. It is essential to increase the distance and load gradually, and then you will not get sick.
What if you feel unwell?
Below we will tell you what to do if you feel unwell or during exercise. Of course, the algorithm of action depends on the cause of the symptom, and that is why it is so important to identify it correctly.
- If you feel nauseous due to exertion, slow down. Catch your breath, stretch. Take a sporty step if you are running.
- Learn to breathe correctly. When you are running, breathe through your nose, exhale through your mouth, and watch the rhythm. During the power, exhale with exertion, inhale in preparation for the thrill. It would help if you breathed not with your chest but with your peritoneum.
- In case of heatstroke, lie down on a bench so that your head is higher than your feet, loosen your clothes, drink water, breathe and breathe deeply. If the condition is accompanied by unconsciousness, the person is put aside to not choke from vomiting, and an ambulance is immediately called.
- If an allergic reaction occurs, use a sprayer or inhaler. They are always carried with them. If your neighbor is attacked, feel free to check his bag. Call an ambulance immediately.
- In case of seizures, painful sensations, especially in the heart, stop exercising immediately and seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- If you wonder what to do if you feel nauseous after many jellies, we advise you to eat something sweet or glucose tablets. Maybe your sugar dropped. If the cause of the nausea is hypoglycemia, you will feel better. If the condition has not improved and has not happened for the first time – why not make an appointment with a therapist?
To prevent nausea
We have found the causes of nausea after running and force; now, let’s talk briefly about how to avoid this phenomenon:
- Do not eat heavy food on training days – fat, solid, and high in calories. Of course, you cannot exercise on a full stomach. If you did not have time to eat lunch, but the concentration is in your nose, drink a protein shake an hour before that.
- During the training process, drink a sufficient amount of fluids – clean water, still mineral water, isotonic drinks, fresh fruit juices. Take a look at the complete list of things to drink while exercising and choose the one that works for you. Do not drink alcohol, either during exercise, after, or before. And even on the Sabbath day, you shall abstain. In general, the sports board does not approve of alcohol.
- Eat right to avoid bowel problems. The diet should include foods rich in fiber, fresh vegetables, and fruits (including bananas). Drink plenty of water.
- Choose a comfortable and modern gym for your workouts. The temperature should be set there, and the ventilation should work perfectly. In warm clothes, does it carefully listen to your feelings?
- Do not tighten corsets and tight belts during exercises that involve pressing firmly into the abdomen.
- Eat a balanced diet, especially if you have a low-carb diet. Make it a rule to eat juicy fruit before and after exercise.
- Monitors blood pressure due to heart disease on training days. Measure your performance immediately after training. If you do not feel well, postpone training without regretting that health is more important than your body.
- Never exercise poor the gym if you feel unwell. For example, with the onset of ARVI, PMS, if you are under stress, and so on.
- Take a regular biochemical blood test to monitor its composition and prevent the development of various defects;
- Take your supplements enough. Sports nutrition should help, discuss the gym trainer, not harm;
- Drink multivitamin complexes from time to time because exercise bodies often lack functional elements from food and supplements.
- Get enough rest, do not exercise more than 4 times a week, and get enough sleep.
We found out why many athletes vomit and vomit after a race and explained how to avoid unpleasant symptoms. Finally, we give 4 factors, but their presence suggests that an individual will need to see a doctor:
- If vomiting does not stop after exercising for several hours. Why this happens only a doctor can determine;
- If you feel unwell not only after training but also on rest days and generally constantly;
- If you have other symptoms related to nausea: diarrhea, fever, skin rash, pain, etc.
- If the nausea is so significant that you let go.
Remember that unpleasant symptoms should not accompany the normal movement. If this happens, then something is wrong with you. Why read your article to find a possible cause and not solve it? We hope we do not have to explain why you should not exercise if health problems arise. First – the help, then – the barbecue, and only in that order. Only in this case, the sport will give you health, beauty, and physical strength.